This episode will air at 11:30 am PST on 8/2/18.... but you can listen here now!
Read the full transcription of this episode on the Heinz Marketing blog starting Monday, 7/16/18.
- We discuss how the buying experience is broken and why the only way to fix it is to enable more conversations
- Here's an example of how this plays out:
- It's never been more important to make it easier for your customers to buy
- This is because of "the Amazon effect" - customers are used to getting what they want on demand, with one click. Whether it's a taxi, a meal, a piece of furniture, etc.
- These buying expectations are carrying over to B2B purchases as well
- But businesses have not adapted yet. Customers are still often forced through a maze of funnels and forms before they can talk to a sales rep
- So what can YOU do about this?
- You need to make it easier for your prospects to have a conversation with you - whether that's through chat or on the phone
- Because a sale doesn't happen without a conversation
- And whoever gets closest to the customer wins (Netflix vs Blockbuster)
- Reps need to get closer to prospects, and do that quicker - and organizations need to have the right tools in place to enable that, while avoiding the noise of non-sales related conversations
Definitely check out:
- Hyper Growth Marketing Sales Conferences
More from our guest:
Hey, I'm Dave Gerhardt.
I'm VP of Marketing at Drift and I've spent the last 7 years learning at SaaS marketing companies in Boston, including HubSpot and Constant Contact.
During that time, I've launched products that have made it to the top of Product Hunt, created a top five business podcast on Apple Podcasts, landed multiple features in the New York Times, created a deck that Andy Raskin called "The Greatest Sales Pitch I've Seen All Year," and helped create the category of Conversational Marketing.
I love building an audience and getting the right people to pay attention.